Three months ago, in this working-class port city 13 miles south of Napa Valley’s rolling vineyards, cellphone video showed a white police officer conducting a traffic stop in which he drew his weapon and then tackled and handcuffed a black Marine veteran who was legally filming from his front porch. In 2017, four Vallejo officers seen on police bodycam descended on an unarmed white man outside of his woodwork shop, throwing him to the ground and pummeling him with fists, knees and batons as he screamed, “I didn’t do anything!” That same year, an officer responding to a fight at a house party fatally shot a Latino man believing he was wielding a knife. Last year, an elderly black driver mistakenly turned down a closed street — and said she was met by a young white officer who berated her and left her “extremely shaken.” These handful of police encounters and other cases made available in city records, court documents and police reports and through interviews with residents, attorneys and activists represent what they say is a wider pattern of excessive force and overly aggressive policing in their Bay Area community of 122,000 people, feeding into a belief that there… Read full this story
- Burbank PD Releases Body Cam Video In Fatal Police Shooting Of David William Kahler
- Angry Crowd Gathers Near Fatal Police Shooting in Portland
- White House says fatal police shooting of Black teen in Columbus 'tragic'
- Fatal Police Shooting In Ohio Hospital Caught On Officer Body Camera
- Who is Tim Gannon, Brooklyn Center police chief who resigned after fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright?
- Chicago releases video of fatal police shooting of 13-year-old boy
- Andrew Brown Jr. search warrant: Drug deals captured on camera weeks before fatal police shooting
- Officer Who Shot And Killed Daunte Wright Was 26-Year-Veteran, Was Involved In Another Fatal Police Shooting In 2019
- Duante Wright Shooting: Dozens March In Philadelphia In Protest Of Fatal Police Shooting
- In Chicago, Outrage and Grief Over Police Shooting of Boy
NorCal Residents Demand Change After Fatal Police Shootings have 323 words, post on www.necn.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.