E. Spencer Kyte Contributor @spencerkyte Updated at 4:34 p.m. ET Updated at 4:34 p.m. ET Dustin Poirier’s first win over Max Holloway all the way back at UFC 143 on February 4, 2012, elevated him to the fringes of contention in the featherweight division. If he can replicate the feat this weekend, it will earn “The Diamond” the interim lightweight title and almost assuredly put the 30-year-old veteran in a position to face Khabib Nurmagomedov in a title unification bout later this year. MORE: Join DAZN and watch Chael Sonnen vs. Lyoto Machida in Bellator 222 on June 14 Like a lot of athletes, Poirier has taken a circuitous path to arrive in this weekend’s UFC 236 champion main event at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. And while it’s his efforts over the last two years that have carried him to this point, it’s everything that happened in the five years after his initial encounter with the man he’ll face for a second time this weekend that made it all possible. Finding Balance Three months after defeating Holloway in the first round of their short-notice showdown at UFC 143, Poirier suffered his first loss inside the Octagon — a fourth-round technical… Read full this story
- Horoscopes today: Tales of the unexpected, making a dream come true and maintaing a degree of independence
- Dustin Poirier ready to face Nate Diaz after Khamzat Chimaev misses weight with Tony Ferguson also considered by UFC
- Being called up for the Indian team is a dream-come-true: Shahbaz Ahmed
- Markand Soni On Working with Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor in Brahmastra: 'Dream Come True Moment'
- Michelle Keegan and Mark Wright share exciting update: 'A dream come true'
- Nicolas Cage to make dreams come true with an upcoming A24 movie
- Conor McGregor will knock Dustin Poirier out in first round of UFC trilogy rematch after ‘taking him lightly’ in loss
- Conor McGregor plotting 'big return' but first focus on making Hollywood blockbuster debut
- UFC tonight: Undercard, live stream, TV channel, odds, UK fight time for Gane vs Tuivasa
- Indian DOTA 2 team script history by winning bronze medal at Commonwealth Esports Championship 2022
Matured Dustin Poirier ready to make championship dreams come true at UFC 236 have 342 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.