WWE’s Paige is showing her support for Florence Pugh, the actress who plays her in the recently-released biopic Fighting with My Family. On Friday, a film critic from the Evening Standard published a review of the film — which is inspired by Paige’s life — and they made note of Pugh’s appearance on screen, comparing her to the WWE star. “Her character is based on real-world WWE champion Paige, whose legs are significantly slimmer,” the author wrote, adding that Pugh had “chunky thighs.” Shortly after the review was published online, it caught the attention of Pugh — and she was less than thrilled about the author’s decision to publicly body shame her, especially during a time when Hollywood is working to become more inclusive, she said. “Oh dear. Singling out my ‘chunky’ thighs doesn’t help normalising an ‘all shape&size’ Hollywood,” the 23-year-old actress wrote on Twitter Friday. Image zoom Twitter “In fact that’s part of the problem,” she continued. “I do hope people take more away from the film than the circumference of my hams.” Pugh’s tweet was then noticed by Paige, whose real name is Saraya-Jade Bevis. The wrestling champ who expressed her disappointment and disgust on social media…. Read full this story
- Why Potsdam was picked as the first UNESCO Creative City of Film in Germany
- Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'The Sky Is Pink' set to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
- Superman star Margot Kidder's death ruled a SUICIDE: Actress who played Lois Lane took her own life with a 'self-inflicted drug and alcohol overdose'
- 'No one should feel like they're not good enough': Furious Stacey Solomon defends her bikini body after she was slammed by body-shamers
- Fiery theater critic John Simon has died at 94
- Kangana Ranaut's Sister Rangoli Chandel Slams 'Samosa Gang' For Thalaivi Memes!
- Jameela Jamil starts feud with Caroline Flack over her controversial new plastic surgery show The Surjury even though she's never seen it... before re-igniting row with Piers Morgan
- Jeremy Corbyn slammed by Netanyahu over wreath-laying ceremony
- How old is Elisabeth Moss? The Handmaid’s Tale star playing Offred, Zoey Bartlet in The West Wing and Peggy Olson in Mad Men
- John Simon, Fiery Arts Critic Who Loved to Lacerate, Dies at 94
WWE Wrestler Paige Slams Film Critic Who Body Shamed the Actress Playing Her in New Biopic have 367 words, post on people.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.