For more than two years, I have been trying to figure out how to explain Mister Miracle — a twelve issue miniseries about the DC Comics superhero of the same name — to the layperson. The solution: A guide to one spectacular issue. Mister Miracle, written by Tom King, drawn and colored by Mitch Gerads, and lettered by Clayton Cowles, will finally be out in a collected edition on Feb. 19. And the book holds plenty of value for someone who’s coming to the character fresh! But if you’ve read the original 1971 Mister Miracle (which I actually recommend), it’s as if you’ve unlocked all the map markers in an open world game. And if you know the behind-the-scenes story of Mister Miracle’s creation, well, that’s like a whole secret ending. Which brings us to a grand experiment: Polygon presents: The annotated Mister Miracle #5 Mister Miracle, aka Scott Free, is a god; part of a space-age pantheon called The New Gods, created by Jack Kirby in 1970 for DC Comics. The New Gods were original creations intended to stand up with other superhero mythological mainstays, like the Greek and Norse pantheons. Most of them live either on the outwardly… Read full this story
- DC Announces Rorschach Watchmen Sequel Comic
- Best Shots Review: Strange Adventures #3 "feels more like an acquired taste" (5/10)
- How Jack Kirby's New Gods was (and is) a story about the world today
- Jack Kirby's greatest creations
- Mr. Terrific goes to Ranagar in Strange Adventures #4 first look
- 29 amazing films based on true stories on NOW TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime
- Sir Patrick Vallance strikes again with warning that coronavirus challenges 'will be very much greater' in winter - just hours after Boris pledged 'life would be back to normal by CHRISTMAS'
- FMIA: Tour Of Vikings Complex Gives Insight Into NFL’s New Normal In ’20
- Liz Hurley pays tribute to her millionaire ex Steve Bing, 55 - the absent father of her son Damian, 18 - after he jumped to his death from his 27th floor LA apartment and reveals they had become friends again in the last year
- The 25 greatest video game consoles – ranked!
Tom King’s Mister Miracle #5, annotated have 348 words, post on www.polygon.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.