Forget Oscar gold – this year’s Oscars ceremony was Mercury, as the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody dominated the 2019 Academy Awards, winning four awards in total, making it the biggest winner on a night when most of the awards were spread out quite evenly among a few films. Earlier, Queen also got the show rolling with rousing renditions of We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions, with Adam Lambert as lead singer. Little did they know that they really would be champions again and again that night. Bohemian Rhapsody won Oscars for Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, Best Film Editing, and Best Actor for Rami Malek, for his stellar performance as late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. However, it lost the Best Picture Oscar to another movie about a musician, Green Book, which also won two other Oscars. Two other films also won three Oscars – Marvel superhero movie Black Panther, and Alfonso Cuaron’s Roma, which won Cuaron the Best Director and Best Cinematography gongs, as well as Best Foreign Language Film. In one of the biggest shocks of the night, The Favourite’s Olivia Colman won the Best Actress award, beating overwhelming favourite Glenn Close (The Wife), who, with… Read full this story
- Oscar nominations 2018: big surprises and major British nods
- What’s the difference between the Oscars and the Golden Globes and why are the Academy Awards considered ‘more prestigious’?
- Oscars 2018: Academy Award nominees to receive £72,500 gift bags
- Happy Birthday Oscar: Highlights from the last 90 years
- 9 hilarious Twitter reactions to Oscars 2018
- Oscars 2018: Get Out's Jordan Peele is first black screenwriter to win Best Original Screenplay
- Are the BAFTAs and Oscars losing their golden allure?
- Hollywood braces for best-picture photo finish at Oscars
- Pakistani-American comedian Kumail Najiani nominated for Oscar
- Sally Hawkins and Gary Oldman lead British Oscar hopes
Queen rules the Oscars: 'Bohemian Rhapsody' the big winner at 2019 Academy Awards have 296 words, post on www.asiaone.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.