From Kristen Stewart and Keira Knightley to Tilda Swinton and Madonna, why the famous and famously chic clamored to wear his clothes By 19 Feb, 2019 5:50 PM Tags Fashion Red Carpet Feuds Meryl Streep Chanel Karl Lagerfeld Features Getty Images; E! Illustration When Karl Lagerfeld did not appear to take his customary bow at the end of Chanel’s two shows during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week in January, it was the end of an era. It was also clearly a sign that something was amiss with one of the industry’s most stalwart presences, who celebrated 50 years at Fendi in 2015 and once brusquely said, “Why should I stop working? If I do, I’ll die and it’ll all be finished.” He truly didn’t stop working until he had no choice. Chanel confirmed Tuesday that Lagerfeld had died , triggering an outpouring of remembrances from the endless list of celebrities, fellow designers and influencers who called him a friend, frenemy or inspiration. “One day it will be over and I don’t care,” Lagerfeld told T , The New York Times Style Magazine , in 2015. “As my mother used to say, ‘There is one God for everybody and all the religions are shops.'” In this piece… Read full this story
- Karl Lagerfeld's right-hand man Sebastien Jondeau says the late designer was his 'father' and his 'everything' - but admits working for him was a 'golden prison'
- Will Karl Lagerfeld's cat Choupette inherit most of his money?
- Celebrity deaths in the last decade from Amy Winehouse to George Michael
- Ellen von Unwerth: London retrospective celebrates feminist fashion photographer
- Why the ideas of Karl Marx are more relevant than ever in the 21st century
- The First Instagram Posts of 100 Celebrities
- Jennifer Lopez the silver siren shines bright in revealing dress and headpiece at Met Gala with Alex Rodriguez... 20 years after she first attended 'fashion's biggest night'
- Meghan, Kate and the Queen: Celebrating 10 years of the 'royal influencer'
- 25 Pieces of Merch to Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of ‘Friends’
- A cut above the rest! Jennifer Hawkins is angelic in a white off-the-shoulder dress while Rachael Finch flaunts her new fringe and slim figure in a floral frock as they head up the celebrity arrivals at Oaks Day
How Karl Lagerfeld Became the Master of the Celebrity Fashion Universe - E! Online have 365 words, post on www.eonline.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.