“As for the initiative of Mexico and Uruguay, I must be sincere by telling you that all of Venezuela’s democratic forces believe that the opportunities for dialogue with Maduro government have been exhausted… The [Maduro] regime has rejected any chance to reach a political agreement within the framework of our constitution,” Guaido told Italy’s Corriere della Sera newspaper. READ MORE: Maduro Rejects EU Ultimatum to Call Snap Elections in Venezuela — Reports On January 31, the European Union and a number of Latin American countries decided to set up an international contact group “to create conditions for a political and peaceful process to emerge” in Venezuela. © AP Photo / Andrew Harnik Pompeo to Take Part in Lima Group Ministerial Meeting on Venezuelan Crisis China, Mexico, Russia, Turkey and Uruguay are among the countries that have voiced their support for Maduro. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said earlier in the day that the European Union was giving an ultimatum to Caracas rather than mediating the Venezuelan crisis, and called for settlement talks that would include all relevant parties. The Chinese Foreign Ministry said last month that Beijing was against any meddling in Venezuela’s internal affairs and supportive of the country’s government in its efforts to maintain stability.
- Donald Trump issues dire warning to Venezuela’s president Nicolas Maduro and vows ‘all options are open’ to oust socialist dictator from power
- Fleeing Maduro, Venezuelans find nightmare in Trump's jails
- AP exclusive: Law firm dumps Maduro official amid outcry
- Dialogue Can Stop US Invasion From Plunging Venezuela Into Bloody War - Analysts
- Venezuelan president says arrest of Juan Guaidó “will come”
- IMF Undecided on Guaido's Recognition, Says Situation in Venezuela Very Fluid
- Maduro aide accuses opposition of staging threat on Guaidó
- US Insists Dialogue Key to Ending Haiti's Political Crisis
- News Analysis: Release of Taliban prisoners remains hurdle to intra-Afghan dialogue: experts
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb Details Immediate Steps Government Must Take To Combat Coronavirus
Guaido Says All Opportunities for Dialogue With Maduro Government Exhausted have 315 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.