If there’s one thing Netflix’s Princess Switch taught us over the Christmas period, it’s that being royalty isn’t necessarily all it’s cracked up to be. For the British Royal Family – arguably the most high-profile Royal Family in the world - there’s the pressure of centuries-long traditions and duty. No surprises, then, that a couple of its members have been keen to opt out. New reports suggest Prince Harry was once one of them. At one point the Prince apparently wanted to scrap his title and live like common people do – until one member of the family stopped him. When Harry was on the verge of giving up his princely status, his close relationship with his grandmother (a.k.a. the Queen) changed his mind. In a new documentary, Meghan Markle: American Princess, royal biographer Penny Juror explained, “Harry was a reluctant Royal. I think there was a real danger at one time that Harry might turn his back on his Royal life and Royal responsibilities and go and live somewhere quietly.” However, Gayle King of CBS This Morning revealed that he “decided not to abandon his duties for the sake of the Queen.” She added, “She, like the rest of us, forgave him.” Prince Harry and Queen Elizabeth share… Read full this story
- Did you spot him? Little Archie makes adorable cameo in Prince Harry TV show
- Queen 'reluctant to say no' to royal engagements as monarch fears 'disappointing people'
- Eight royals who gave up their titles and why, from Princess Mako to Meghan Markle
- Prince William was given ‘almighty b******ing’ by Queen after Zara crash
- Kate Middleton brings nanny on half-term holiday with Prince George, Charlotte and Louis
- BBC viewers moan Harry and Meghan get 'too much coverage' in the wake of Oprah row
- Meghan Markle's family worry as 'dad could die at any time' amid Oprah interview
- Inside Belgium’s ‘astonishing’ royal residence Palace of Laeken - ‘the place to be'
- Japan's Princess Mako: The woman who gave up royal status to marry
- Japanese Princess Mako marries boyfriend Kei Komuro and renounces her royal status
Prince Harry's official title was apparently almost scrapped by the Royal Family have 345 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.