Actor Ryan Gosling is best known for films as diverse as “La La Land” and “First Man” but he recently moved behind the lens for a passion project — taking photos in the crisis-hit Democratic Republic of Congo. The 38-year-old Gosling, who is Canadian, is no stranger to advocacy in Africa — for a decade, he’s been working with the Enough Project, which aims to end mass atrocities in the continent’s conflict hotspots. On the DRC, he teamed up with the Enough Project’s founding director John Prendergast and Congolese activist Fidel Bafilemba to draw attention to the brutal colonization of the central African country. In “Congo Stories: Battling Five Centuries of Exploitation and Greed,” the pair unpack the tortuous history of the mineral-rich DRC and how its residents are looking to the future — with photos by Gosling. “It was just this theme of an unwavering resilience and an unwillingness to be broken, and these expressions of hope,” the actor said at a book event on Thursday at George Washington University in the US capital. “It is hope that is generated from people like Fidel and Chouchou,” the two-time Oscar nominee added, referring to journalist and rights activist Chouchou Namegabe,… Read full this story
- Sex Education star Emma Mackey lands her biggest role opposite Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling in live-action Barbie film
- The Adam Project movie review: Fun but forgettable, Ryan Reynolds’ new Netflix film is an improvement over Red Notice
- SXSW Review: Frank Marshall & Ryan Suffern’s ‘Jazz Fest: A New Orleans Story’
- Power Book 4 Force's Tommy Flanagan star 'confirms' scope for spin-off crossovers
- Power Book 4's Diamond star 'curious' to return for season two 'He evolves'
- Comparonomics: Inventor Grant Ryan wants us to stop being so gloomy about progress
- Holly Willoughby goes make-up free as she signs books for Mother's Day
- Teen Mom star Ryan Edwards slammed as ‘pathetic’ for giving son Bentley a ‘weak’ hug & storming off in resurfaced video
- Teen Mom fans left ‘heartbroken’ as Ryan Edwards’ parents Jen & Larry talk about his addiction battle in resurfaced clip
- Surveillance video captures the brutal kidnapping of a tech executive — but what happened off camera?
Ryan Gosling goes behind the camera for DRCongo book have 350 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at December 15, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.