Streaming is the future of film and television. We’ve known this since Netflix launched its streaming service back in 2007. What we don’t know is exactly what that future looks like. The DVD-by-mail-service-turned-streaming-giant terraformed the home entertainment industry more than a decade ago, and in turn, created a ubiquitous question asked about every show or movie that a person would recommend to a friend: “Is it on Netflix?” But what was once answered with an easy “yes” or “no” now has a variety of different possibilities, depending on who financed the movie, who produced the show and how long the licenses last. Along with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, a fleet of budding, media-company-specific platforms is gunning for our attention. Major studios are looking into their own options. Then there are some who believe — or at least hope — that there’s room in the paradigm for alternative streaming strategies. The big question of this era becomes: how much can the landscape splinter? VRV is one of the smaller services staking a claim in the gold rush for attention. Unlike Netflix, VRV bundles other over-the-top (OTT) services — the industry term for platforms that deliver content to viewers without a… Read full this story
- How Reed Hastings is going to help Netflix win the streaming wars of 2019
- Disney+ streaming exceeds expectations with 10 million sign-ups, shares surge
- Greedo Actor Weighs in on #Maclunkey and That Disney+ Star Wars Change
- Vizio points to outdated Chromecast software as potential cause of Disney+ streaming problems on its range of SmartCast TV sets
- The Trouble With BritBox, Britain’s New Weapon In The Streaming Wars
- While streaming wars in the U.S. heat up, opportunities for over-the-air growth emerge as well, according to Horowitz
- Netflix Co-Founder Marc Randolph on Building a Direct Mail Empire, the Streaming Wars, and More
- Disney+ vs. Netflix: Which Streaming Service Is Better?
- Disney brings Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar to battle against Netflix, reveals streaming lineup, price and release date
- Disney+ streaming service bags 10 million subscribers on first day
How VRV hopes to take on Netflix and Disney in the streaming wars have 330 words, post on www.polygon.com at December 9, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.