Watch more in iWantv or TFC.tv LOS ANGELES – Coming-of-age parable “We the Animals” led the pack of indie movies tipped for Oscars glory as the Film Independent Spirit Awards nominations kicked off Hollywood’s annual prize-giving season on Friday. The dreamlike drama — based on the novel of the same name by Justin Torres — follows brothers Manny, Joel, and Jonah as they make their way through childhood, pushing against the roller-coaster love of their parents. The film was nominated in 5 categories, including best first feature, cinematography, editing, and supporting actor for Raul Castillo and the “someone to watch” award for director Jeremiah Zagar. Comedy “Eighth Grade,” religious drama “First Reformed,” and brutal crime thriller “You Were Never Really Here” followed with 4 nominations each, including a nod for each for best feature. Horror remake “Suspiria” was selected to receive the Robert Altman Award, which is bestowed upon one film’s director, casting director and cast. The nominations were announced in Hollywood by British actress Gemma Chan, who starred in breakout summer rom-com “Crazy Rich Asians,” and “Saturday Night Live” alum Molly Shannon, a previous winner. “This year’s nominees reflect the bold originality that is the heart of independent film,”… Read full this story
- And the winner is? 2019 AACTA Award nominations announced with Foxtel's Lamb Of Gods and film The Nightingale dominating all major categories
- The Norfolk council estate that won a top architecture award: but what's it really like to live in this Norwich 'masterpiece'?
- Lady Gaga sinks to her knees as she takes her Academy Award for Best Song to the Vanity Fair Oscars party... after triumphant star's electrifying chemistry with Bradley Cooper set Twitter alight
- Emmy Awards 2019: Jodie Comer is a far cry from Villanelle in angelic white, Sophie Turner ditches Sansa's furs for delicate satin and Catherine Zeta-Jones pops in pink as starlets lead the British talent as they descend upon Hollywood
- Chloe Khan flaunts her eye-popping cleavage in a dramatic bridal style gown as she leads the glamour at the MOBO Awards
- Hollyoaks' Nadine Mulkerrin shows off her baby bump in a white tank top and leggings... after announcing she is nearly five months pregnant with her first child
- Britain's best chippies revealed: Top 20 fish and chip shops across UK battle it out for the national prize - so did YOUR local takeaway make the cut?
- British Soap Awards 2019: Corrie's Lucy Fallon narrowly avoids a wardrobe malfunction in a deeply plunging white gown as she leads the bleary-eyed departures from glitzy afterparty
- Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban lend an infectious energy to the wonderfully earnest 72nd Annual Tony Awards
- Emmy Awards winners: Game Of Thrones emerges victorious with top drama honor despite fan backlash over lackluster final season... as cast celebrate reuniting by snapping fun selfies
News 'We the Animals' tops Spirit Awards nominations have 453 words, post on news.abs-cbn.com at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.