Eight 15-year-old students from the same class in Nguyen Trai High School, Thanh Hoa Province, were punished for “using social networks to tarnish teachers’ dignity and credibility, negatively affecting the school’s educational functions,” its principal Bui Nguyen Tien said Wednesday. Tien said a female student was caught using a mobile phone in class on October 1. The phone was confiscated by the teacher present in the class at the time and given to the class’s homeroom teacher. The homeroom teacher noticed that the phone was unlocked, checked its contents and discovered a Facebook group chat in which the students criticized the school and its teachers. This was brought to the notice of the School Board which informed the representative of the school’s Parents’ Association and the parents of the students involved. The students were asked by the board to write a report on the matter. The school decided to expel three students for a year and suspend four students for a week. Another student was publicly chastised in front of the whole school. The students did not repent their actions, Tien said. “It hurts the school to discipline our students. But the strict punishments serve to warn and educate other… Read full this story
- Facebook will pay an unprecedented $5 billion penalty over privacy breaches
- For Your Eyes Only: Novel Security Software Helps Prevent Privacy Breaches
- YouTube Fined In Millions Over Kids' Data Privacy Breach
- FaceApp Goes Viral With Old-Age Filter, But Is The Russian Aging App A Danger To Your Privacy?
- Lawmakers Demand to Know More About Equifax's Plan to Assist Victims of Humongous Breach
- Committed to protecting citizens’ right to privacy, reports of surveillance misleading, says govt
- Advocates hopeful dueling privacy bills can bridge partisan divide
- There's a lot to like about the House privacy bill, if it's not watered down
- Microsoft Eases Your Windows 10 Privacy Concerns
- Bernie’s Student Debt Plan Doesn’t Make Sense. Which Is Fine.
Expulsion of students based on privacy breach questioned have 326 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.