Cindy Watts Nashville Tennessean Published 3:32 PM EDT Apr 5, 2019 The 54th Academy of Country Music Awards are Sunday and, with a few days left to go, we already know quite a bit. The stage is set for the night to be a celebration of Jason Aldean. Aldean is a three-time Entertainer of the Year winner who will take home the ACM’s Dick Clark Artist of the Decade Award during the show. And he’ll perform. Twice. Miranda Lambert, the most awarded artist in the history of the ACM Awards, will also have a special retrospective performance in the program. The stats respectfully beg the question: If Lambert is the winningest artist in the history of the show — with the bulk of her 30-plus wins in the last 10 years — how is she not Artist of the Decade? The award is broader than the scope of the Academy. Aldean was chosen for the honor based on a decade of genre-wide accomplishments including 10 million concert tickets sold, streaming numbers and radio hit after radio hit. Since country radio isn’t playing women, Lambert couldn’t log similar stats. We also know Luke Combs, Ashley McBryde and Lanco are already winners. The artists learned they captured the titles for… Read full this story
- Paddy Davitt: Lambert and Farke united by more than shared history
- BAFTAS: List of 2019 winners from the British Film Awards
- Dancing On Ice’s Jason Gardiner slams Gemma Collins’ ‘appalling behaviour’ after avoiding run in with her at NTA awards
- Gemma Collins thanks Piers Morgan for support after ‘tough week’ amid feud with Jason Gardiner
- Gemma Collins 'yet to be told off by DOI bosses despite Jason Gardiner's pleas'
- Here are the selfless heroes nominated for The Sun Military Awards as we salute the finest Armed Forces in the world
- Jason McAteer: 'Knowing Mick as I do, it wouldn’t surprise me if Declan Rice decided to represent Ireland now'
- Highlander icon Christopher Lambert looks back on cult classic 32 years on
- Gemma Collins not given row by Dancing on Ice bosses despite Jason Gardiner plea
- Melton Times Sports Awards for 2018 nominees announced
ACM Awards: Will Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert repeat? have 342 words, post on eu.tennessean.com at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.