By Kristie Rieken The Associated Press Fri., Oct. 19, 2018 HOUSTON—David Price put his post-season woes behind him, pitching the Boston Red Sox back into another World Series with a 4-1 victory over the defending champion Houston Astros on Thursday night. Rafael Devers hit a three-run homer as the Red Sox stunned Justin Verlander and the Astros in Game 5 of the AL Championship Series to win the best-of-seven set 4-1. It was a perfect 43rd birthday present for rookie manager Alex Cora, who became the first skipper from Puerto Rico to take a team to the World Series. Read more: Betts does it all for Boston Red Sox Article Continued Below Interference or not? A fan changes the ALCS ALCS MVP Jackie Bradley Jr., outfielder Mookie Betts and the 108-win Red Sox will try to bring Boston its fourth crown in 15 years when they open the World Series on Tuesday night at Fenway Park against the Los Angeles Dodgers or Milwaukee Brewers. The Red Sox were last in the World Series when they won it all in 2013. Los Angeles has a 3-2 lead in the NLCS going into Game 6 on Friday night at Miller Park. “We… Read full this story
- New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox brawl after batter hit by 98mph pitch
- Baseball win-leading Red Sox dump Ramirez as Pedroia returns
- Can the Dodgers overcome a pitching plan that beat them in 2018 World Series?
- London Stadium to host baseball matches between Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees in 2019
- Paraglider jumps into Lake Lucerne (and injures himself) ahead of Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series Swiss event
- Former All Black Jeremy Thrush ready to take flight in World Series Rugby
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Notable teams that failed to qualify
- Astros heroes power National League to Baseball All-Star win
- Trump-Putin summit: Trump says 'I really think the world wants to see us get along'
- Watch live: Trump and Putin take questions at joint news conference
Red Sox advance to the World Series after taking down the Astros have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.