George W. Bush used to be considered a unilateralist. His administration was skeptical of international law and cooperation, and he embarked on a disastrous war in Iraq despite the overall disapproval of the world, including US allies France and Germany. But it seems that Bush’s unilateralism was a child’s play in comparison with Trump’s. Donald Trump has adopted a much more extreme version of unilateralism, personified in his elevation of the extremist John Bolton, who was the most radical voice in Bush’s administration. Let us count the ways that Trump has taken unilateralism to an extreme:In rhetoric, he has embraced ideas like “America First” to an extreme degree. While all heads of state naturally prioritize their nation’s interests over others, Trump has taken this principle to the absurd degree of “America over others, America and no one else”. In his campaign he criticized Bush for not taking Iraq’s oil. But, it goes beyond rhetoric. He has attacked the very concept of international law and its symbols such as ICC and ICJ. While Bush and Obama also failed to ratify ICC, Trump is actively attacking it. Another aspect of his disrespect for international law is the fact that he has violated… Read full this story
- Donald Trump WILL host World Series champion Washington Nationals at the White House on Monday
- Donald Trump, lifelong New Yorker, says he is a resident of Florida
- Americans sharply divided over whether to impeach Donald Trump as new poll finds nearly 50-50 split on whether he should stay or go and inquiry forges ahead
- Nancy Pelosi expects Donald Trump impeachment hearings in November: Report
- Nancy Pelosi expects televised impeachment hearings THIS MONTH - but warns that the Democrats' case against Donald Trump has to be 'ironclad'
- How Donald Trump’s WWE character shaped his political persona
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- John Daly joins list of athletes stumping for Donald Trump
- 25 things you need to know about Donald Trump’s *yuge* USFL team
- How Donald Trump, with pizazz and bluster, took on the NFL
Donald Trump’s Uniquely Dangerous Unilateralism have 374 words, post on www.patheos.com at October 6, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.