Semi-autonomous features are increasingly prevalent in cars these days but also, as many have argued (including myself) possibly very dangerous. Today, Consumer Reports published their rankings of four of the most widely known semiautonomous systems, finding that Cadillac’s Super Cruise was the best and Volvo’s, well, not. CR’s rankings take into account safety above all else, and, in particular, how well each system keeps drivers engaged, since Level 2 and Level 3 autonomous systems can give drivers a false sense of security. From CR: Our tests were designed to determine how well each system performs, not only at the task of steering and controlling a car’s speed but also at helping drivers pay attention to the road when the systems are turned on. CR believes it’s a critical distinction because research shows that when these systems are engaged, drivers may pay less attention and become overreliant on the automated steering and speed control. “We have been evaluating these systems on a case-by-case basis for a few years, but we are at a tipping point where they are now going mainstream,” says Jake Fisher, director of auto testing at Consumer Reports. “Stacked up against each other, you can really see significant… Read full this story
- Consumer Reports ranks GM’s driving assistance features above Tesla’s
- Tesla loses to Cadillac in Consumer Reports automated driving system test
- Qu’est-ce que le système Super Cruise de Cadillac?
- Consumer Reports: Tesla’s Model 3 has ‘big flaws’
- Elon Musk says new Tesla Autopilot chip will be ready in about 6 months
- Tesla, other domestics falter in 2018 Consumer Reports reliability survey
- Tesla Autopilot loses to GM’s Super Cruise in Consumer Reports ratings
- Cadillac to add hands-free Super Cruise system to all cars by 2020
- With its hands-free system, Nissan could beat Tesla at its own game
- Volvo promises self-driving 2021 XC90 you can nap in
Consumer Reports Ranks Cadillac's Super Cruise Above Tesla's Autopilot, Also Says That Volvo's Pilot Assist Is Bad have 306 words, post on jalopnik.com at October 4, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.