By Jimmy Golen The Associated Press Mon., Oct. 22, 2018 BOSTON—Chris Sale would rather talk about the ring he can win as a World Series champion instead of the almost certainly nonexistent navel ring that — he maintains with a straight face — scratched him from a start in the last round. The Red Sox left-hander will belly up to the mound to start Game 1 against Los Angeles on Tuesday night, 10 days after his last outing and nine after he was hospitalized with what the team called a “stomach illness.” Sale joked — we think — that it was from a piercing gone bad, and he kept up the ruse back in Boston. “I’m not going to spill all of my secrets,” he said. Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to start for the Dodgers, giving baseball a matchup of marquee lefties from a pair of iconic franchises at two of the oldest ballparks in the majors. Article Continued Below The Red Sox, who won a franchise-record 108 games and their third straight American League East crown, are going for their fourth title in 14 years; the Dodgers, who lost to the Houston Astros in the Series last year, will… Read full this story
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series for the first time since 1988, defeat Tampa Bay Rays in six games
- Twitter reacts to Dodgers’ World Series win: Shock over Turner’s COVID test; Giants fans bemused
- How To Watch The Dodgers-Rays World Series Online And On TV
- Clayton Kershaw lifts World Series trophy, quiets critics for now
- England to hold talks with Adil Rashid about Test return, Chris Silverwood says
- L.A. Dodgers Win World Series, Justin Turner Pulled After Positive COVID Test
- Everything you need to know about League of Legends' World Series championship
- Chris Evans says video of Paul Rudd dancing to 'Grease' tune is 'embarrassing'
- A’s still ‘underrated and underappreciated,’ says outfielder Mark Canha
- A’s settling into nice new digs at Dodger Stadium; Chris Bassitt to start Game 1
Chris Sale says “World Series champion” has a nice ring to it have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.