By ZEKE MILLER and CATHERINE LUCEY, Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — In a striking anonymous broadside, a senior Trump administration official wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times on Wednesday claiming to be part of a group of people “working diligently from within” to impede President Donald Trump’s “worst inclinations” and ill-conceived parts of his agenda. Trump said it was a “gutless editorial” and “really a disgrace,” and his press secretary called on the official to resign. Trump later tweeted, “TREASON?” and in an extraordinary move demanded that if “the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!” The writer, claiming to be part of the “resistance” to Trump but not from the left, said, “Many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.” The newspaper described the author of the column only as a senior official in the Trump administration. “It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room,” the author continued. “We fully recognize what… Read full this story
- Let's Check in on How Trump Loyalists Are Handling the Cursed New York Times Op-Ed
- Apparently, The New York Times Really Misses White Supremacy
- How is Trump supposed to catch the anomynish op-ed writer if he can't even say the word?
- CNN Analyst and Former FBI Agent Suspects Kirtsjen Nielsen Penned ‘Anonymous’ NY Times Op-Ed
- President Donald Trump's media attacks: Ego-driven or cool calculation?
- President Donald Trump orders U.S.-Mexico border wall, but key details still to come
- Fearing President Donald Trump's hard-line policies, immigrant activists drop support of Phoenix ID card
- Does President Donald Trump get credit for decline in apprehensions at the border?
- Sen. John McCain now calling President Donald Trump's scandals 'Watergate size'
- ‘New York Times’ Publishes Bombshell Anonymous Opinion Article From White House Insider
President Donald Trump rips searing New York Times op-ed from unnamed senior official have 331 words, post on www.masslive.com at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.