Sixteen Candles Photo: Universal Pictures It's easy to get swept up in a cute teen romance. They're fun, there's the nostalgia factor (we were all teens once!), and they're full of so much hope — the feeling that this is just the beginning . But here's the thing: Because we're all so busy getting swept away and having fun and remembering what hope feels like, we don't always have the most discerning eye when it comes to who our hero has chosen to fall in love with. Sometimes, when you take a closer look at what's going on and who we've been spending cinematic time with, you realize that this person is no good at all and our hero can do much, much better. Don't get me wrong, some of your favorite teen rom-com love interests are just fine — wonderful, even! — but we owe it to ourselves and our rom-com heroes to examine this idea further. And so Vulture has taken it upon itself to put a sampling of love interests from teen comedies (spanning from the '80s to today) to the test and find out which ones are worthy — and which ones should just go home… Read full this story
- Watch: Jessica Williams Serves Up a Quirky Black-Girl Rom-Com You Will Love
- Single-Minded: 'Tis the Rom-Com Season
- Sweeping Through the Rom-Com Clichés
- Kevin Hart: The Next Rom-Com King?
- Maid In Manhattan let Jennifer Lopez’s rom-com talents sparkle
- Pair Crazy Rich Asians with this Hong Kong rom-com classic
- Movie review: 'Isn't it Romantic' mocks, celebrates rom-coms
- Ethan Hawke stars in a new rom-com? Yep, and it's really sweet
- What Does Love Really Mean to the Romneys?
- Is All-Wheel Drive Really Worth the Extra Cost?
Is This Teen Rom-Com Love Interest Really Worth Dating? have 298 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 17, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.