Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts declared on Saturday that she would "take a hard look" at running for the White House in 2020 once the midterm elections are over, and called on the country to elect a female president to fix the "broken government" in Washington. Ms. Warren made the announcement during a town-hall meeting in Holyoke, Mass., where she was decrying President Trump and Senate Republicans for digging in behind Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, the embattled Supreme Court nominee who has been accused of sexual assault. She described the hearings as a spectacle of "powerful men helping a powerful man make it to an even more powerful position." "I watched that and I thought: time's up," Ms. Warren said, according to a transcript and video of her remarks provided by an aide. "It's time for women to go to Washington and fix our broken government, and that includes a woman at the top." She continued, "So here's what I promise: After Nov. 6, I will take a hard look at running for president." "I think we can turn this country around," Ms. Warren said. The comments are Ms. Warren's clearest and most public confirmation yet that she is preparing… Read full this story
- Reports: Hillary Clinton Has Yet to Rule Out a 2020 Presidential Bid
- Pete Buttigieg channels Obama, expands electorate as moderate 2020 alternative to Elizabeth Warren
- Badass women of Democratic presidential campaigns: No longer 'token women' with seats at the table
- What's the plan? Warren's 'Medicare for All' proposal will test her brand
- Five badass women of the leading Democratic presidential campaigns: No longer 'token women' with seats at the table
- Spoiler alert: Could a third-party candidate help Trump win in 2020?
- Republican 2020 candidate slams 'out of control' Trump after his attack on GOP critics
- Sean Spicer on 'Dancing with the Stars' debut
- Mitch ‘The Grim Reaper’ McConnell
- Quid. Pro. Quo. (Just kidding!)
Elizabeth Warren Says 2020 Presidential Run Is On the Table have 325 words, post on www.nytimes.com at September 29, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.