By Andres Chio August 15, 2018 Fiona Legesse-Sinha | The Cougar A brand new sports team will tend to struggle during its opening season. Its staff tends not to have the experience or history to attract big names, forcing the team to start small and slowly build itself up. There are far more stories like the Houston Texans’, who had five losing seasons starting out, than the Las Vegas Golden Knights, who went to the Stanley Cup in its first year of existence.But UH’s Women’s Golf team has taken a path rarely walked and won two conference championships and made four NCAA Regional appearances in its first five years. As unlikely as it was, head coach Gerrod Chadwell said he was never in doubt. “I never saw it not happening,” Chadwell said. “There was no blueprint to it that was a fail proof plan. A lot of it was hard work … we got the right kids to buy in and they developed with everything we did at practice.” Building a program Chadwell said a lot of the team’s success stems from being able to compete at high level events that offer exposure and experience. “Being invited to those tournaments… Read full this story
- Casey Currie hopes to make history at treacherous Dakar Rally in Saudi Arabia
- Claressa Shields becomes the fastest three-division championship in boxing history
- Donald Trump accuses Democrats of pursuing his impeachment 'at this moment in our history, when I am so busy' - a day after Elizabeth Warren asked whether he ordered Qassem Soleimani's death as a distraction
- How Columbine’s Andrew Gentry became one of the top OL prospects in Colorado history
- Consistency of Matildas squad at odds with inconsistency of messaging
- Chiefs vs. Texans odds, line: NFL Playoff picks, bracket predictions from top simulation on 96-65 roll
- Bafta 2020: Do awards exclude women and black actors?
- Thirty-five bruises found on British teenager convicted of making up rape claims in Cyprus leave 'no doubt' the 19-year-old was telling the truth, pathologist claims, amid fears she will be a suicide risk if she is jailed
- Oscars 2020: All the History Making Moments To Look Out For
- Monday briefing: Who will make the Labour leadership cut?
Women's Golf makes history despite the odds — The Cougar have 359 words, post on thedailycougar.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.