News 100 // 26 Aug 2018, 08:54 IST SHARE What’s the story?Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich is exploring the possibility of selling the West London club after 15 years according to reports from the Times. The Russian oligarch, who has overseen a dramatic change in the status of Chelsea since his arrival, has placed a price tag of £2 billion on the Bles according to further reports by the Sun.In case you didn’t know…Abramovich has rejected two approaches from investors to buy Chelsea already this year. Earlier in the year, a bid from Sir Jim Ratcliffe, owner of Ineos Chemicals, was turned down as the Russian was said to be holding out for an even higher offer.A second bid was made recently by a US private equity firm, Silver Lake Partners, who were interested in purchasing a minority stake in the club. However, it now appears that Abramovich has changed his mind regarding the sale of the club and is willing to listen to offers in excess of £2 billion.The heart of the matterThe Chelsea owner’s change of heart is a result of his recent disputes with the UK government over the issuing of a visa. Abramovich recently obtained Israeli citizenship… Read full this story
- Juventus face Serie A expulsion threat which could put Premier League clubs on red alert
- European Super League explained: Full details - will Premier League clubs be banned?
- Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea’s forgotten players back in training as Premier League clubs gear up for new season
- Transfer news: Six Euro 2020 stars who could sign for Premier League clubs
- Philippe Coutinho: Barcelona forward could leave this summer with Premier League clubs reportedly interested
- USMNT transfer news: Hoppe to Premier League; Tavares to Arsenal
- Premier League fans ‘WILL need Covid vaccination passport to attend matches with capacity over 16k if infections rise’
- Daniel Sturridge looks ripped as Premier League icon searches for new club
- ‘You Are In or You Are Out,’ FIFA Tells Super League Clubs
- Why did English Premier League scrap huge broadcasting deal with Chinese TV?
Reports: Premier League club up for sale for potential world record fee have 336 words, post on www.sportskeeda.com at August 25, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.