MEGHAN Markle’s mum Doria Ragland is a yoga instructor and social worker. Here is the lowdown on the woman who fought back the tears in front of the world’s media on her daughter’s big day… Who is Doria Ragland? Doria Ragland is a yoga instructor and social worker who gave birth to her daughter Meghan in August 1981. Doria divorced Meghan’s father Thomas when she was six. Her mum’s Facebook page states she works in social work at Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services in California. What was life like for Doria and Meghan growing up? Doria is African-American, while Meghan’s father is Dutch-Irish, and their difference in skin tone led to the family receiving racial abuse when she was younger. The star has since said that because her mother is black with dreadlocks, and she passes as caucasian. Throughout her childhood, she often came under fire growing up as people questioned whether her mother was, in fact, her biological mum. Meghan recalled how her mother was mistaken for the nanny before adding in an interview: “I was home in LA on a college break when my mom was called the ‘N’ word. We were leaving a concert and she wasn’t pulling out… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share behind-the-scenes wedding day photos to celebrate their first anniversary
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spent Mother's Day in LA with Doria Ragland but made sure to be 'cautious of social distancing guidelines', source tells Oprah Magazine
- Meghan Markle baptised into Church of England with Prince Harry present
- Walkies coronavirus style: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle walk beagle Guy and labrador Oz as part of their daily exercise routine wearing bandanas as facemasks and carrying hand sanitiser during lockdown in LA
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Wedding in Pictures As They Celebrate Second Anniversary With 'Quiet' Family Day
- Can Megxit Twist Royal Wedding Anniversary of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?
- Prince William and Kate release statement on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement
- Prince Harry made decision to quit Royal Family NOT Meghan Markle and is angry at 'Megxit' description because it suggests she dictated the move, new biography will claim
- VIDEO: Watch 100 years of royal wedding dresses – from the Queen to Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle!
- Queen Elizabeth’s masterful Meghan Markle PR power move
Who is Meghan Markle’s mother Doria Ragland, where does she come from and who designed her Royal Wedding outfit? have 386 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.