By Garnet Fraser Toronto Star Tues., July 24, 2018 First Man, which stars Ryan Gosling as Neil Armstrong and is directed by La La Land’s Damien Chazelle, was one of dozens of films revealed Tuesday to heading for this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, running Sept. 6-16. The festival named 17 films (including First Man) tapped to receive a gala unveiling at the fest, also including A Star is Born, the latest version of the oft-told musical story, this time starring Lady Gaga. Other movies confirmed Tuesday for TIFF include Through Black Spruce, Don McKellar’s adaptation of Joseph Boyden’s historical Canadian novel; The Front Runner, director Jason Reitman’s take on the fall of U.S. presidential hopeful Gary Hart (played by Hugh Jackman); and Capernaum, a prize winner at Cannes made in Lebanon. The rest of the films mentioned Tuesday are below: GALA PRESENTATIONS Article Continued Below Beautiful Boy Felix van Groeningen, USA Galveston Mélanie Laurent, USA Everybody Knows Asghar Farhadi, Spain/France/Italy The Hate U Give George Tillman, Jr., USA Hidden Man Jiang Wen, China * High Life Claire Denis, Germany/France/Poland/United Kingdom Husband Material Anurag Kashyap, India Article Continued Below The Kindergarten Teacher Sara Colangelo, USA The Land of Steady Habits… Read full this story
- Ryan Gosling will star in Neil Armstrong biopic
- Ryan Gosling will go to the moon and back as Neil Armstrong in new biopic
- How the Sony Hack Predicted Hollywood’s Future: From Marvel’s ‘Spider-Man’ to ‘Ghostbusters’
- Cynthia Erivo brings an American icon to imperfect life in earnest biopic
- Anthea Turner PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: TV star is locked in airport row with raging fiancé Mark Armstrong over visa gaffe ahead of NYC trip... as she is forced to RE-BOOK their flights
- Stan Lee Biopic Is Happening, Will Be a 1970s Action-Adventure Movie
- 'My wonderful, generous, foul-mouthed and hysterical father. We love you daddy': Family's moving tribute to comedy genius Rik Mayall who they describe as 'the man, the myth, the legend'
- Claire Foy Yells at ‘a Bunch of Boys’ in
- Oscar Nominations Offer Diversity
- 20 Surprising Secrets About the Backstreet Boys You Need to Know
Ryan Gosling’s Neil Armstrong biopic First Man coming to TIFF have 348 words, post on www.thestar.com at July 24, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.