Jacob Bogage, The Washington Post Published 3:22 pm, Saturday, June 16, 2018 It is one of golf’s paramount no-nos. Phil Mickelson says he’s well aware. Yet on the par-four 13th at the U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills Saturday, Mickelson ran down his bogey putt and struck the ball again while it was still moving. That violation is an automatic two-stroke penalty. Mickelson, 48, was already 10-over at the point. He carded a 10 on the hole for a 5 over par. Mickelson has had a frustrating weekend at Shinnecock Hills, one of the more reviled major courses among pros. He finished Thursday with a 7-over par 77, which put him at the back of the field. Friday was better – a 1-under 69 – but Saturday got off to an ugly start. He bogeyed holes Nos. 5, 8 and 9 on the front and followed that up with bogeys on Nos. 10 and 11, too. LATEST SFGATE VIDEOS Now Playing: Now Playing Bay Area doctor suspended after incident with patient goes viral Donald Bardwell Bay Area suburbs with the highest crime rates Ted Andersen, SFGATE San Francisco’s most famous animals Katie Wood/SFGATE Reckless Retreats Gabrielle Lurie Rescue of man stuck between… Read full this story
- Tube strike 2022 LIVE – London Underground disruption as workers walk-out over TfL dispute; times & how it affects YOU
- Tube strike 2022 LIVE – Travel CHAOS today as all TFL London Underground services suspended including Jubilee line
- Rory McIlroy 'comfortable' with game ahead of The Players and has moved on from 'punch drunk' Bay Hill visit
- Snap to port its India localisation playbook elsewhere, says CEO Evan Spiegel
- How dangerous was Russia's nuclear plant strike?
- Euless Police Department Searching For SUV Involved In Hit-And-Run That Left 13-Year-Old Seriously Injured
- Tiger Woods opens up in World Golf Hall of Fame speech
- Arsenal news LIVE: Jovic loan deal, Gunners open to Paqueta move, Martinelli to stay for LIFE – top four race latest
- Con artists who sneaked their way into sport - from golf's British Open to Man Utd
- HDB Sale of Balance Flats: Guide to SBF & open booking (Dec 2021)
Mickelson snaps at US Open, running down a moving putt and striking it have 330 words, post on www.sfgate.com at June 16, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.