Jaylen Brown had 30 points and Terry Rozier added 23 more as the Celtics rolled to 120-106 win over the Bucks in Game 2. Mookie Betts hit three home runs, Shohei Ohtani left the game after two innings, and the Red Sox beat the Angels 10-1 in Los Angeles. Jalen Rose says Isaiah Thomas cost himself $100 million by playing hurt for the Celtics Isaiah Thomas aggravated his hip injury during Game 2 of last year’s Eastern Conference finals. After finding out he’d miss the rest of the postseason, Thomas said, “I’m hurting. I gave it everything I had.” The point guard had battled through the injury and personal tragedy to lead the Celtics to the top seed in the East and series wins over the Bulls and Wizards. But according to ESPN analyst and former Pacers star Jalen Rose, the decision to play hurt in the 2017 playoffs cost Thomas a massive pay day. Thomas once said the Celtics would have to “bring out the Brinks truck” to sign him as a free agent. Now, two trades later, he’s headed to free agency with a surgically repaired hip. Here’s what Rose had to say about the situation on “Get… Read full this story
- How the landmark deal for Michael Thomas impacts Amari Cooper, Cowboys contract talks
- Here's how much the L.A. stadium delay will cost Rams, Chargers -- and the NFL
- The Sports Report: Baltimore Ravens get some help from firefighters
- Raiders still all-in on Vegas, but without Adelson's millions, is it a losing bet?
- What’s in store for NBA’s biggest trade sacred cow, Celtics point guard Terry Rozier?
- 2020 NBA trade deadline: Best-case scenarios for Bucks, Heat, Celtics and every Eastern Conference contender
- NBA Power Rankings: Bucks take top spot back from Lakers; Pacers make huge leap; Celtics, Rockets fall
- Celtics midseason report card: Kemba Walker has changed everything; Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown becoming stars
- Charles is 'hurt' after giving millions of his OWN cash to Meghan and Harry: Prince used private income to furnish couple's home and pay for wedding to 'help embrace daughter-in-law into family'
- Oregon is the clear Pac-12 frontrunner for 2020 based on projections by ESPN, CBS Sports and other outlets
Morning sports update: Jalen Rose says Isaiah Thomas cost himself $100 million by playing hurt for the Celtics have 360 words, post on www.boston.com at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.