27 April 2018 • 5:41am Kim Jong-un shakes hands with Moon Jae-in at 9.30am (1.30am UK time) Kim Jong-un writes message of peace in guestbook Sides break for lunch after about two hours of talks Kim vs Moon: An heir to a dynasty and a child of refugees Could North Korea summit really convince Kim to give up his nuclear weapons? History was made as North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in met for the first time on Friday morning, greeting each other with wide smiles in Panmunjom in the demilitarised zone separating their two countries. The meeting on the southern side of the truce village of Panmunjom – only the third of its kind since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War – will be the highest-level encounter yet in a whirlwind of nuclear diplomacy, and is intended to pave the way for a much-anticipated encounter between the North Korean leader and US President Donald Trump. Kim emerged from the Panmungak building on the North side, at 9.30am, sweeping down the stairs with a sizeable delegation of aides including his younger sister Kim Jo-yong. After shaking hands with President Moon, the two leaders held hands as… Read full this story
- Kim Jong Un Makes History, Crosses Border to Meet with South Korean President
- Kim Jong-Un Finally Mentions Trump Meeting in North Korean Press
- South Korean president: Trump 'should win the Nobel Peace Prize'
- Kim Jong Un's dinner with South Korea's president has a special menu with hidden symbols — here's what they all mean
- Kim Jong-un Proposes Doing Away with Anti-Japan North Korea Time Zone
- Kim Jong Un steps into South Korean territory for historic peace summit
- Report: Kim Jong-un Agrees to Meet Trump at ‘Peace Village’ in DMZ
- Koreas Unite In Time: Kim Jong Un Thought 2 Time Zones 'Painful'
- The US and South Korean military appear to be trying not to give North Korea an excuse for more provocations
- Kim Jong Un agrees to meet Donald Trump at DMZ, sources say
Kim Jong-un hails 'new era of peace' at historic summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in have 322 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.