A golf club has apologised for calling police over a group of black women they accused of playing too slowly. The five women, all members of Grandview Golf Club in Pennsylvania, had refused to leave the course at the request of its owners, who claimed they were not keeping up with the pace of play. The group have accused the club, in York County, of racial and sexual discrimination. Read more Donald Trump has spent a quarter of days as President at golf clubs “It was a horrific experience,” one of the women, Myneca Ojo, told the York Daily Record. “I felt like we were discriminated against.” Ms Ojo had met four friends to play a round of golf on Saturday. At the second hole a former local politician, Steve Chronister, whose white son co-owns the club, twice approached them to complain they were playing too slow. In golfing etiquette, slow-moving players let groups behind them overtake if they are holding things up, and courses often have staff who monitor the pace of play and let golfers know when they are taking too long. One of the five women, Sandra Harrison, spoke with a professional golfer at Grandview who said her… Read full this story
- Group of women barred from entering a nightclub - because they were 'TOO BLACK'
- Les Bordes Estate Offers Homes At World Class Golf Club In The Loire Valley Of France
- Police dismissed Black leaders' claims of a serial killer. Then a woman escaped.
- Armed Robber Uses Golf Club To Hold Up Arlington Heights 7-Eleven
- Winnetka Golf Club Burglary; Shoplifter Drinks As She Flees: Blotter
- Police dismissed Black leaders' claims of a local serial killer, but then a woman escaped abduction
- Megan Thee Stallion Supporters Call Out Misogynoir In Hip-Hop Industry — What It Is And Where Else It Exists
- I Was Born on A Black Commune
- Big Names, Big Money and a Big Pushback at LIV Golf’s Oregon Event
- Louise Suggs, Golf Pioneer, Dies at 91; Helped Found the Women’s Pro Tour
Golf club calls police over group of black women 'playing too slowly' have 329 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.