MUMBAI: A Mumbai court today cancelled a bailable arrest warrant against Bollywood star Salman Khan in the 2002 hit and run case, in which the Maharashtra government’s appeal against his acquittal is pending before the Supreme Court. Earlier this month, the court had issued the warrant against the actor for not furnishing the surety as per the directions of the apex court. Khan, 52, today appeared before Additional Sessions Judge M G Deshpande and completed all the formalities of furnishing the surety, after which the court cancelled the warrant. In February this year, he had approached the apex court seeking discharge of his surety given by his former publicist Reshma Shetty, stating that he wanted to replace it with the surety of his bodyguard Shera alias Gurmeet Singh Jolly. The top court, which is hearing the appeal filed against his acquittal in the case by the state government, had allowed his plea on February 23. He was asked to comply with the process. The sessions court had issued two notices to Khan this year – once on March 5, which was received by his father, and another one on March 16. In December 2015, the Bombay High Court acquitted Khan… Read full this story
- Macedonian court issues arrest warrant for ex-PM Gruevski
- Cardi B threatened with arrest warrant after skipping court in strip club brawl case
- Here's why wanted man, 29, 'cancelled his 100 days on-the-run party'
- France targets three top Syrian security chiefs with international arrest warrants
- New Wolsey hosts Ian Hislop satire about publisher arrested for libel three days running
- Ian Hislop on new play about publisher arrested for libel three days running
- Family of UDR soldier killed in bomb attack welcomes arrest
- Family of soldier killed 40 years ago welcome arrest; PSNI deny breach of 'On The Run' commitments
- IRA Hyde Park bombing suspect arrested over murder of two soldiers
- This month in court: Robbers, a murder and traffickers
Court cancels arrest warrant against Salman Khan in hit-and-run case have 304 words, post on www.newindianexpress.com at April 21, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.