QPR’s lack of fire-power in front of goal has been a major source of frustration among the fans this term, and who can blame them? Only seven teams have scored less than the Hoops this term, with a tally of 40 goals equalling an average of 1.11 goals per game in the Championship. Les Ferdinand has hinted that the club will look to strengthen in the summer, and if the Twitter activity of Tony Fernandes is anything to go by, it appears we may have cracked which area they are prioritising. QPR’s co-chairman retweeted a message from a fan on Saturday night which highlighted ‘the club’s ineptitude in front of goal’, showing his agreement at the lack of firepower in the Hoops squad. His Tweet can be seen below. While a retweet doesn’t confirm that the club will target a striker in the summer, it certainly shows that Fernandes does empathise with the fans who are looking to see more attactive, attacking football at Loftus Road. It’s evident from looking at the squad that up front is where the club most needs to strengthen, with Matt Smith topping the scoring charts with eight goals; and the likes of Conor Washington… Read full this story
- Drop that spoon! The truth about breakfast cereals
- Facebook unloads new developer tools at F8 for monetizing apps
- New 'Feminist Mantra': Consumption Is Not the Locus of Empowerment
- Social media spaces out for NASA and 'Star Wars'
- The NWSL's Sky Blue FC Is Falling Apart, On The Field And Off
- CRM Watchlist 2014 Winners: Going Marketing
- Hangout with Turnbull and Conroy on ZDNet
- EMC's Hadoop strategy cuts to the chase
- Is Better Than I Remembered
- Flashback malware exposes big gaps in Apple security response
Tony Fernandes has dropped a hint on Twitter that QPR will target a new striker have 281 words, post on www.getwestlondon.co.uk at March 11, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.