On Tuesday, Air Force One touched down at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station under an overcast sky. No other shades of gray marked President Trump’s visit to San Diego.Demonstrators blasted him. “This president,” Rep. Juan Vargas told an anti-Trump rally in San Ysidro, “he’s not my president. In fact, I voted twice to impeach him.”Demonstrators cheered him. Mark Stone left his home in Ventura County at 4:30 a.m. to attend a pro-Trump rally in Otay Mesa. His message: “That California loves him and we support his policies.”During a half-day stay in San Diego, Trump inspected prototypes of his proposed border wall and addressed Marines at Miramar. Then the president flew to a Beverly Hills fundraiser, leaving behind a region divided on his policies and his personality.San Diego County was not a Trump stronghold on Election Night 2016, when only 39 percent voted for the victorious Republican candidate. Local opposition to the president has only hardened since then, even among priests, ministers, rabbis and imams, said Kevin Malone, executive director of the San Diego Organizing Project.“Since the election,” said Malone, whose group led the anti-Trump rally at San Ysidro’s Our Lady of Mount Carmel parish, “there are more and more clergy… Read full this story
- Ole Miss Professor James Thomas Compares Pro-Trump Teens to Hitler Youth
- Facebook Says Anonymous Pages Posting Coordinated Pro-Trump Content Do Not Break Its Rules
- Coercion? CNN Bodyslammed for Threatening to Dox Pro-Trump Reddit User
- The Donald arrives for four-day red carpet visit: Trump and Melania set foot on UK soil for first time as President and First Lady - but he brushes aside protests by claiming Britons 'like him a lot'
- This Pro-Trump Website Run From Eastern Europe May Be The Worst Thing On The Internet
- Remains of the Day: Google Voice Desktop App Scrapped
- The Insurmountable Obstacle to a Compromise on Trump’s Wall
- Fox News is Donald Trump's greatest impeachment defence. Here's how that happened
- Donald Trump blasts the US Federal Reserve, saying it's the 'only problem our economy has'
- Joe Walsh: GOP Voters ‘Sick’ and ‘Tired’ of Trump and His Lies
A day of passionate voices, pro and con, on Trump's wall have 345 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at March 13, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.