Meryl Streep has struck out at Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers for using her name in an attempt to get a class action lawsuit against the disgraced movie mogul dismissed. The triple Oscar-winning actress said their action was “pathetic and exploitative” after they cited her saying was never harassed by the producer in an attempt to shut the case down. The lawyers were on Tuesday responding to six women suing Weinstein and the “Weinstein Sexual Enterprise”, which they say includes his brother Bob and a studio they co-founded, The Weinstein Company. In a statement, Streep said: “Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys use of my (true) statement — that he was not sexually transgressive or physically abusive in our business relationship — as evidence that he was not abusive with many OTHER women is pathetic and exploitative. “The criminal actions he is accused of conducting on the bodies of these women are his responsibility, and if there is any justice left in the system he will pay for them — regardless of how many good movies, made by many good people, Harvey was lucky enough to have acquired or financed.” While the lawyers did not go as far as to say Streep’s comment was evidence… Read full this story
- Harvey Weinstein allegations: Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and other actors express dismay
- Harvey Weinstein QUITS his own film company after boardroom showdown
- Harvey Weinstein is FIRED from his own film company amid sexual harassment claims
- Emma Watson says she’s ‘awestruck by the bravery’ of Harvey Weinstein’s sex abuse accusers
- Designer Donna Karan says Harvey Weinstein’s victims may have been ‘asking for it’ by the way they dress
- Dame Judi Dench blasts ‘horrifying’ abuse of sex pest movie mogul Harvey Weinstein
- What is Harvey Weinstein’s net worth, what are the latest sexual harassment allegations and what films has he produced?
- Hollywood's open dirty secret: Why Harvey Weinstein isn't an outlier
- Ditch the guilt, girls… it’s not you it’s Hollywood predator Harvey Weinstein
- Will Harvey Weinstein go to jail? How the movie mogul could face 25 years in prison over sexual assault charges
Meryl Streep hits out at Harvey Weinstein's lawyers use of her in lawsuit have 342 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at February 22, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.