Australian’s stop for a horse race in November, Americans stop for their ‘Gridiron’ football Super bowl in February and Vietnam stops anytime their national football teams’ look like winning a major game!This Saturday’s final in the AFC U23 Championship in China is going to be a down and out slug-fest. With the Vietnamese lads now in unbeatable confidence and gaining so much valuable experience it’s going to be a hellva of a game to watch. Glad I’m not there to see it in person – it will be freezing!Personally I hate all forms of sport because I believe it simply wears your heart out faster and I hate people laughing at me since I’m hopeless at games. I hold the Guinness record for losing any sort of game except Monopoly.However it’s fun to watch people get so worked up about kicking a football back and forth, often without a result, in a pub environment where the beer releases more stress than the actual game. I witnessed the World Cup football hysteria in South Korea in 2002, particularly after South Korea beat Italy. Six million people on the streets of Seoul is quite a sight!Vietnam’s Under-23 soccer team is on a… Read full this story
- Full Transcript: Face the Nation on February 18, 2018
- In Mahadevapura, hope streams on RWH success
- Ireland captain Johnny Sexton urges debutante Caelan Doris ‘to do the basics’ in Six Nations opener against Scotland
- Flu stomps the nation, overwhelming ERs and leaving 20 children dead
- South Korea hopes Vietnam will not quarantine Samsung experts
- Six Nations Round 4 Team of the Week
- NHS call to arms in coronavirus fight: Officials tell ALL medics they'll have to do tasks they aren't trained for amid fears 80% of Britain will be infected with virus
- Mexican law student, 23, is found dead two days after posting heartbreaking message saying if she was murdered she hoped to be the last woman in Mexico to be killed by domestic violence
- Catching coronavirus in your 80s 'does not mean you're a goner': Chief Medical Officer says even the elderly are likely to survive disease but may need to self-isolate during crisis which could see NHS run out of beds 'early'
- Half the town has a chronic disease, yet there's hope
Vietnam’s U23s - hope of the nation have 373 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 27, 2018. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.