Metro Phoenix is a far cry from Silicon Valley, with few big technology companies headquartered here and comparatively modest venture capital and breakthroughs in innovation. But tech continues to expand its presence, with more hiring and additional companies setting up shop here.Some firms, like Bishop Fox, a cybersecurity consulting company, started here and are growing. Others, like Acronis, a global data-protection business, began as startups elsewhere but are setting up offices here. And many of the Phoenix metro area’s few large semiconductor-focused companies are on a roll, while companies in various other industries — from health care to retail — are beefing up their own technology staffs as a necessary cost of doing business.Put it all together and hiring in technology is robust, with vacancies that can be difficult for companies to fill, even while offering generous salaries and perks.Job candidates with three to five years of experience in network security, systems administration, web development, software engineering and other areas often can expect pay offers of $100,000 to $130,000, said Kathleen French, Phoenix market manager for Robert Half Technology, a job-placement company.That’s in addition to benefits such as health-insurance coverage and perks ranging from work-at-home options to fun Fridays with beer and wine stocked in the company refrigerator. ”Even people with a year (of work experience)… Read full this story
- Wage boom of €10,000 for tech workers as skills shortage begins to bite
- Samsung blow as tech slowdown hits demand
- Chinese tech workers told not to travel to US 'unless it's essential'
- Azerbaijani companies expand business ties with Saudi Arabia
- MEGOC: 2019 European Games tickets in high demand
- US Sees No Demand From Major Companies for Mechanism to Trade With Iran – Hook
- Hospital urges patients to avoid using A&E after ‘high demand’
- Hospital urges patients to avoid using A&E following ‘high demand’
- Storage space in high demand in Norfolk as companies stockpile to ride out Brexit impact
- Jobs created as Kettering company expands
Tech workers in high demand in metro Phoenix as companies expand have 332 words, post on www.azcentral.com at December 21, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.