LOS ANGELES — Hey, Alexa, which of the seven Echo speakers should I buy, and what’s the difference between them?And, OK Google, the new Home Mini is so affordable at $29 for the holidays. How does it stack up to the entry level Echo, Amazon’s Dot?If you’re shopping for a smart speaker, here’s how to decide which model and brand fits your needs and some advice on what to do once you own one. You can also listen to a podcast version of this Talking Tech report. Smart speakers, which bring voice computing into the home, are one of the hottest categories for holiday gifts due to their popularity and deep discounts. The entry-level speakers, the Amazon Echo Dot and Google Home Mini, both sell for $49 but are discounted to $29 now, while the top of the line Echo currently sells for $149.With the smart speakers, you can use your voice and the “wake” word commands “OK Google” or “Alexa” to do a host of different things. “Every morning I ask Alexa what the weather is,” says Mary Neville of Chicago, one of several users we spoke to recently for the accompanying video. “And play music while I’m cooking.”Also: you can get weather reports, the morning news,… Read full this story
- Amazon Echo vs Echo Plus vs Echo Dot: What are the differences between Amazon's smart speakers?
- Amazon Echo vs Echo Plus vs Echo Dot: What are the key differences between Amazon's smart speakers?
- Google and Sonos do battle for control of the living room with release of new voice-controlled ‘smart speakers’
- Best Alexa skills, tips and tricks to make the most of your new Amazon Echo smart speaker
- The Next New Year sale has kicked off and here are the best 2017 deals shoppers can expect
- The Next January sale has kicked off and here are the best 2018 deals shoppers can expect
- Tesco New Year sale - all the best 2017 deals shoppers can expect online and in store
- Tesco January sale - all the best 2018 deals shoppers can expect online and in store
- Review: Apple HomePod chooses sound over intelligence
- Amazon, Google cut speaker prices in market share contest
How to choose the best smart speaker for you: shopper's guide have 358 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 11, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.