THE OLD BLACK FIREBIRD was blocking our exit from the gas station. As the passenger door opened, I saw the look on the face of the immense, camouflage-clad good ol’ boy who sprang out like he’d just spotted a new form of game on his personal hunting grounds. Throwing the Cadillac ATS-V coupe into neutral, I jumped out to greet the man before he reached our group. I spotted a sun-worn but freshly polished badge on the Pontiac’s front fender. No way. Could it be? Advertisement – Continue Reading Below “Eighty-eight GTA, am I right?”The driver, also wearing full hunting camo but half the size of his friend, laughed behind his wraparound sunglasses.”Yeah! Been working on her for a while. Lot of specific parts to this model, you know? Everything from steering wheel to spoiler. Hard to get. What you boys doing down here? Some kind of test? That’s the new Ferrari, right?””488 GTB,” the hulking passenger clarified. “Which makes this,” and I paused for effect, “GTA meets GTB.” In the space of the next few minutes, everybody shook hands and swapped stories and linked up on Instagram. Our new friends offered us some advice for finding a good meal… Read full this story
- The 20 Best Cars That Still Offer a Manual Transmission
- Will BMW mark its centennial with a forward-looking autonomous concept car?
- 2016 Lamborghini Huracán gets cylinder deactivation, new sound system, and more
- First Drive: 2016 Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG 4Matic
- By Jove, they’ve got it! Caterham and Alpine sports car ready for 2016 production
- Pony-car face-off: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro vs 2016 Ford Mustang
- Ford possibly announcing a Race-ready 2016 GT this Friday before Le Mans Race
- Bored with stock? The best tuner cars are begging to be modified
- First drive: 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Can Lexus’ RC F GT3 earn the Toyota luxury brand some respect on the track?
The 2016 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year have 303 words, post on www.roadandtrack.com at October 5, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.