By Jamie Lovett – September 5, 2017 02:34 pm EDT Share 0 Comments 0 Star Trek: The Next Generation would have had a different captain if creator Gene Roddenberry had his way.Patrick Stewart played Captain Jean-Luc Picard through seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the four movies that followed. Roddenberry died in 1991, early on in Star Trek: The Next Generation’s run and Stewart recalls that he never seemed happy with the casting choice.“Gene and I did not have a close relationship. We had a respectful relationship. Gene had very strongly felt that I was wrong for the role,” Stewart said during a panel at Star Trek Las Vegas (via Trek Movie). “I am told, and I don’t know the details, but there was a lot of warfare that went on in the producers’ offices about that.” The first shot fired in that war may have been simply that Stewart was discovered by producer Robert Justman, who was convinced Stewart was perfect for the role before ever discussing it with Roddenberry. “I was invited up to Gene’s house one morning after I had been seen by Robert Justman on the stage at Royce Hall in UCLA,” Stewart… Read full this story
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date On CBS All Access
- Let's revisit the greatest Star Trek game ever
- Panoramic Star Trek Beyond Trailer Teases New 3-Screen Experience
- 'I've battled depression my whole life': Home and Away star Sam Frost reveals she wants to use her profile to shine a light on mental health
- ‘Star Wars’ Legacy II: An Architect Of Hollywood’s Greatest Deal Recalls How George Lucas Won Sequel Rights
- Genie Francis EXCLUSIVE: The General Hospital star, 56, offers advice on how to take the stress out of Mother's Day: 'Try self-forgetting'
- Dallas Stars travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks
- ‘I think he’s happily played his last game for India’: Ashish Nehra weighs in on MS Dhoni’s future
- Starting with a Big Bang! Disabled genius Stephen Hawking is the star turn at the London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony
- Golden Knights rally for 5-3 round-robin win over Stars
Star Trek: Gene Roddenberry Didn't Want Patrick Stewart To Play Captain Picard have 358 words, post on comicbook.com at September 5, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.