The R&D Market Pulse Index for the week ending May 12, 2017 closed at 1,641.79 for the 25 companies in the R&D Index. The Index was down -1.27% (or 21.04 basis points) over the week ending May 5, 2017. Nine Index companies gained value last week from 0.11% (Johnson & Johnson) to 11.62% (Astra Zeneca). Sixteen Index companies lost value last week, from -0.22% (Bristol-Myers Squibb) to -3.50% (Intel and Honda).Astra Zeneca’s significant stock rise was attributed to successful stage 3 trial results of its imuno-oncology drug Imfinzi, which reduces the risk of worsening cancer maladies or death in stage 3 lung cancer patients who have undergone chemotherapy with radiation treatments. The treatment costs are estimated at $150,000/year with a U.S. patient base of 100,000. AZ’s announcement came two days after Merck’s immuno-oncology drug Keytruda was granted accelerated approval to treat advanced lung cancer in combination with chemotherapy. AZ says it has a two- to three-year lead on its competitors which include Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Roche.A report released last week by executive search firm Korn/Ferry International noted that the average base pay for 2017 college graduates rose 3% over 2016 to $49,785, the highest level in at least a decade…. Read full this story
- Esophageal cancer drug market to double by 2014
- Here’s why we’re losing the war on cancer, according to this doctor
- The tightrope walk of India's drug-price regulator
- Drug regulator steps up monitoring of ranitidine
- Vietnam aims for better pharmaceutical market
- New house inspired by girl's cancer fight sold as fundraiser
- 'Under threat': Why experts say U.S. import of Canadian drugs could put supply at risk
- What might drug price controls cost us?
- Pelosi moves on drug prices despite falling-out with Trump
- Drug firms, 2 Ohio counties reach $260 million settlement in opioid epidemic case
R&D Market Pulse: Cancer Drugs Up, Sedan Market Down have 287 words, post on www.rdmag.com at May 15, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.