There is a certain segment of the motorcycle marketplace which wants to have its cake, and eat it. Instead of a hyper-focused high-speed machine, a rider of this sort wants a fast bike, great handling, and to carry everything, including the kitchen sink. We are, of course, referring to the sports-touring motorcycle, where versatility and the ability to munch the highway miles in comfort is the prime criteria. The caveat is that the high-speed side of things is not to be denied, and, indeed, comes up high on the list of desirable traits. There was a time when the undisputed king of the sports-tourer was the BMW RT. An 1,100 cc machine, with Krauser panniers on either side, was considered to be the core of a sports-cruiser. Right up till someone decided that a dual-purpose styled bike, suitably kitted out, offered more in terms of versatility and ease of use. Which brings us to the KTM Super Duke GT, a cruise missile from Mattighofen, Austria. Having previously ridden the 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200, which is practically the KTM Duke GT’s direct competitor, we were in a position to see how the two sports-tourers stacked up against each other. That the… Read full this story
- REVIEW: 2017 Modenas Pulsar RS200
- REVIEW: 2017 Benelli 302R
- REVIEW: 2017 BMW Motorrad G310R in Malaysia – RM27k with ABS, but is it a proper BMW bike?
- 2017 KTM Duke 390 Silent Recall In India OnGoing – Duke 125 and 390 Recalled In Europe For Multiple Fixes
- 2017 KTM RC200 and RC390 Brochures Leaked, Launch Set For January 19’th
- REVIEW: 2017 Modenas Pulsar RS200 – RM11,342
- REVIEW: 2017 Benelli 302R – sports on a shoestring
- REVIEW: 2017 Ducati XDiavel S – the devil inside
- 2017 KTM RC200 Revised For 2017, Continues To Offer Performance and Value [HD pictures updated]
- REVIEW: 2017 Yamaha NVX 155 – absolute scooter fun
REVIEW: 2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT – so, what’s a nice bike like you doing with an engine like this? have 288 words, post on paultan.org at March 29, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.