When I was a kid, I wanted to be a doctor. A brain surgeon to be exact. But life has a way of throwing us curveballs that force us down a different path. Sometimes those paths are most welcome, like mothering four wonderful children. My least favorite? Losing a child. That path is a long and torturous one, and took me straight through the belly of hell. My story began one night in 2007, when I had a vivid dream. I was the front passenger in a car and my daughter Aly was sitting behind the driver. Suddenly the car missed a curve in the road and sailed into a lake. The driver and I escaped the sinking car but Aly did not. My beloved daughter was gone. The only evidence left behind was a book floating in the water where she disappeared. Two years later, on Aug. 5, 2009, that horrible nightmare became reality when Aly died as a back seat passenger in a car accident. Returning home from a swim meet, the car carrying Aly was T-boned by a father coming home from work. My beautiful 15-year-old daughter took the brunt of the impact and died instantly. She… Read full this story
- Tragedy as Mogo Zoo's beloved African lioness Zuri dies after childbirth - losing two of her beautiful cubs as well
- Community Mourns Loss Of Mother, 3 Kids In Sheepshead Bay Fire
- Mother Who Lost Son To Gun Violence Will Cast San Francisco’s Electoral College Vote
- Dad's grief leads to quest to count deaths caused by illegal immigrant drivers
- How to cope with spending Christmas alone: Grief counsellor reveals the strategies to get through it - including journalling to identify trigger points and focusing on what you CAN control
- Horrifying moment mother carries her 'murdered' British baby daughter into hotel lobby in Kazakhstan and pleads for help 'after child's pilot father beat her to death'
- Humiliation of Corbyn: Just one day after saying police must not shoot to kill terrorists he is forced into U-turn... by his OWN party
- Schoolboy gamer, 16, has his own MOTHER to thank for earning more than £500,000 playing Fortnite after she organised private tuition and tough gym regime to help him get to the top of e-sports
- 'I went behind my 16-year-old autistic daughter's back to stop the Tavistock clinic giving her puberty blocking drugs': Mother explains why she HAD to fight for momentous legal victory
- Father 'shoots dead his wife and their two sons, ages 8 and 13, before turning the gun on himself' after posting on Facebook that she was 'cheating on him'
How a double tragedy turned a mother’s grief to triumph have 418 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 13, 2017. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.