Check out “Broadway Joe” Namath’s latest role: virtual host of the newest exhibit inside the Pro Football Hall of Fame. A hologram of the football great introduces ” A Game for Life,” a 3D display set in a state-of-the-art theater designed to resemble an NFL locker room. “It will give the fans goose bumps,” Namath, a hall of fame quarterback himself, promised in a recent phone interview. “They will be blown away.” The exhibit, which fans see first on entering the hall, debuted late last month, just in time for Saturday’s player enshrinement ceremony and Sunday’s Hall of Fame game between the Green Bay Packers and Indianapolis Colts to literally kick off the league’s preseason. “A Game for Life” also includes holographic images of actors portraying legendary coaches George Halas and Vince Lombardi. Both deliver motivational speeches that Namath says will make fans want to strap on shoulder pads and hit the field. Holographic appearances are becoming increasingly popular at exhibits, concerts and other events. A hologram of Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball, popped up during this year’s NBA All-Star technology summit in Toronto. Fans attending the Coachella music festival in 2012 were stunned to see a hologram… Read full this story
- Euro 2012: Guardian football writers' verdict on the tournament
- Football seems to be on the receiving end of a hateful double whammy
- Google's vision for VR: YouTube, smartphones and a 'virtual hand'
- Off Script: Gary Neville on football's decade of change
- Sam Allardyce appointed new Everton manager before Huddersfield game
- How the psychology of the England football team could change your life
- Expected goals and Big Football Data: the statistics revolution that is here to stay
- Virtual reality can - and will - be used for storytelling
- I Like Scary Movies Creator Maximillian Takes Us Through the New Friday the 13th Exhibit [Exclusive]
- Virtual reality headsets to distract women from the pain of labour? Dream on
New holographic exhibit gives football fans the ultimate virtual experience have 314 words, post on www.cnet.com at August 6, 2016. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.