I believe fans should be active, rather than passive consumers of media content. We should engage with it, as well as with creators, as part of us better understanding ourselves and the world, as well as ensuring that mass media doesn’t do more harm to those who enjoy it than good. However, sometimes I think fans sometimes go too far in their “need to know,” often ruining the effect that storytellers want their stories to have.Recently, after J.J. Abrams’ mea culpa about Star Trek Into Darkness having “too many nods to [Star Trek II]: The Wrath of Khan.” Now, co-writer and producer Damon Lindelof is jumping on the “we’re sorry, fans!” bandwagon. In an interview about his show The Leftovers with Variety, Lindelof talks about what he feels was a big mistake with regard to Into Darkness: When we did Star Trek Into Darkness for example, we decided that we weren’t going to tell people that Benedict Cumberbatch was playing Khan. And that was a mistake, because the audience was like, ‘We know he’s playing Khan.’ That was why it was a mistake.While it may have been a mistake to write it that way (not to mention going so far as to… Read full this story
- Phineas and Ferb Plans Lost Episode with Damon Lindelof
- Matt Damon goes grocery shopping in Dublin as he is seen for the first time since revealing his daughter Alexia, 21, recovered from coronavirus
- The Inbetweeners creators reveal plans to reunite the cast... a year after comeback show was universally panned
- Government mobility chart reveals spike in online searches for walking and driving directions after Sadiq Khan 'misses his target of providing 75% of Tubes with only 50% of services running'
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Reveals The Best Thing She Has Learned From Hubby Saif Ali Khan!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Reveals The Best Thing She Has Learnt From Hubby Saif Ali Khan!
- Pakistani TV personality apologises for joking about Irrfan Khan, Sridevi's death
- Kareena Kapoor reveals how Saif Ali Khan has changed her: ‘To not always be running after money, success, fame’
- Sara Khan Hates That People Keep Talking About Her Past; Wants Them To Remember Her For Work
- Rakshanda Khan: I would have loved to go to Chowpatty for Eid...
Damon Lindelof Admits Mistake in Not Revealing Khan in have 373 words, post on www.themarysue.com at November 30, 2015. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.