BMW i Ventures has invested in valet company Zirx. Zirx offers on-demand valet services in urban centers and other areas where parking can pose a challenge to drivers. Drivers use the Zirx app to mark their location, where an agent will pick up the car and park it and, if desired, refuel/recharge, wash or have other maintenance performed on the vehicle in the meantime. “BMW i Ventures provides equity financing to service providers it identifies as having high potential to make urban mobility smarter, more efficient and more flexible,” says BMW i Ventures Managing Director Ulrich Quay. “With its combination of service and technology that makes it easier for drivers to park and take care of their cars, ZIRX has the potential to be a central component of on-demand services.” Read more in the press release below.
Tesla gets more Google searches in China and Norway than any other automaker. While Toyota searches dominate much of the rest of the world, Tesla is enjoying solid favor in Norway. While electric vehicles make up about a quarter of new car sales in the Scandinavian country, Tesla has had trouble getting a foothold in China. Perhaps the Google searches mean Chinese drivers could be warming up to the automaker. Read more from Gas2.
Two EV charging stations have been installed at the National Mall in Washington, DC. Installed by the National Park Service, the stations – which cost $2 per hour to use – are located across from the National Museum of American History and from the National Air and Space Museum. “As the National Park Service prepares for its second century of service to the American people, we are committed to providing clean and green energy to promote a healthy environment,” says the National Park Service Acting Superintendent Karen Cucurullo. Read more from NBC Washington.
- How VW 22m car plan leads the EV charge
- Call for more Banbury EV charge points
- Jaguar Land Rover installs ‘UK’s largest’ EV charging facility
- EV charging fees set for to be introduced in May
- 'New' BMW 7-series: still making a case for a car to drive and be driven in
- What lies ahead: experts warn of rocky road to autonomy and EVs
- Electric car charging points could be installed at popular hotel
- MAS RE to invest EUR 134.5 million to expand its retail portfolio
- Solar-powered charging station programme unveiled
- Six Nations scraps Friday nights as 2020 and 2021 fixtures announced