A (hopefully) weekly series, in which the RPS hivemind gathers to discuss/bicker about/mock the most pressing (or at least noisiest) issues in PCgamingland right now. Hot Takes are go.Alec: OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST AMAZING HOT TAKE EVER. By which I mean, today we are discussing hype and videogames and if that helps or hurts them and helps or hurts us. The prompt for this is Hello Games’ chat with Pip last week, in which they mourned the crushing weight of expectation placed upon them as a result of having made some pretty good trailers for their space exploration game. I guess we’re going to struggle to avoid a touch of physician heal thyself here, but anyway. How do we feel about how the world feels about No Man’s Sky?Adam: I’ve already started referring to No Man’s Sky as first-person Spore, which seems doubly cruel now that I’ve read Pip’s interview. It was already sort of cruel but I meant it affectionately. As affectionate a way as it’s possible to thrust a Spore into somebody. And I quite liked Spore, for what it was rather than for what it was supposed to be.And I think that’s the… Read full this story
- FIFA 18: EA Sports add one-man kick-offs for FIFA 18’s release
- Shubhankar Sharma takes two-shot lead into final round in Mexico City
- Sister of Northern Ireland man killed in feud says jailing of murderer 'gives comfort'
- Disgusting moment vulnerable homeless man is bullied into eating 'the world's hottest chilli' in exchange for cash
- River City star Kathryn Howden on the family bombshell rocking Shieldinch
- Lacklustre Man Utd dumped out of Champions League by Sevilla
- City could take title with victory over rivals United after beating Stoke 2-0
- PLAYER VERDICTS: A Rolls-Royce, a main man and a glorious debut
- Ex-Oasis star Liam Gallagher blasts Irish rockers U2 for not living up to the hype around them – and claims they’re ‘no Beatles’
- What’s the Sky October schedule for Sky 1, Atlantic and Arts? Your guide to upcoming TV, boxsets and movies
Rock, Paper, Shot Takes: Hype, Bullshots & No Man’s Sky have 349 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at July 10, 2015. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.