21-year-old fatally shot man at Bellevue club By Levi Pulkkinen, SeattlePI Updated 5:19 pm, Friday, January 9, 2015 Video: ‘Tuba Man’ killer faces latest victim’s mom “Mr. Bulldog.” “Ambassador to his neighborhood.” “A great person.” Casualty. DeShawn Milliken had been a football star at Seattle’s Garfield High School, an adoptive father and a rock to which others in the city’s Central District clung. On Christmas Eve 2012, his became another sad story. Milliken, 30, was shot dead at a Bellevue nightclub by Ja’Mari Jones, one of three teens made famous six years ago for killing another man – “Tuba Man” Edward McMichael, a street musician and fixture in the Seattle sports scene. On Friday, Jones, 21, learned how many years he’ll lose to prison – 18 1/2, the sentence requested by prosecutors. That loss, of course, pales compared to the suffering endured by Milliken’s family. “He was my baby, and then he became my big boy, and then he became my man,” Milliken’s mother Wanda Montgomery told King County Superior Court Judge Regina Cahan during Friday’s sentencing hearing. “You ripped half of my heart out,” continued Montgomery, turning to Jones and speaking through her tears. “I hope and I pray… Read full this story
- Man jailed for murdering brothers 'kills rest of family after being released'
- Man who 'abducted girl' denies 'thinking like serial killer' in prison letter
- Man Gets 84 Years in Prison for Killing Hadiya Pendleton, Whose Death Became Symbol of Gun Violence
- St. Cloud man sentenced to prison for murder in Waite Park
- Man charged in Wisconsin kidnapping, killings due in court
- N.Y. man charged with threatening to kill U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar
- New York man charged with threatening to kill Ilhan Omar
- Man posing with deadly cobra killed after snake turns head and bites him
- Police: Suspected MS-13 Member Fatally Shoots Man in Head on NYC Subway Platform
- RNLI rescue drowning man from River Thames with just seconds to spare
'Tuba Man' killer headed to prison in second killing have 314 words, post on www.seattlepi.com at January 9, 2015. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.