CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati football team will face the Virginia Tech University from the Atlantic Coast Conference in the 2014 Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, benefiting the USO on Dec. 27, 2014 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md.The game will kickoff at 1 p.m. ET.”We could not be more excited about this matchup,” Military Bowl President & Executive Director Steve Beck said. “Virginia Tech is an incredibly popular team in our region and Cincinnati is one of the nation’s hottest teams. We are certain that both teams will be well represented in Annapolis on gameday.”Cincinnati (9-3) earned a share of the American Athletic Conference title â€“ their fifth conference crown in seven years â€“ with a win against Houston in the regular-season finale. The Bearcats, who will make their 16th bowl appearance, and Hokies (6-6) last met in 2012 at FedEx Field in Washington, D.C., when Cincinnati was a 27-24 winner.This will be the 11th game between the teams, with the series tied 5-5. Cincinnati won the teams’ most recent meeting, 27-24 on Sept. 29, 2012, at FedEx Field in Landover, Md. The Hokies and Bearcats have played twice previously in bowl games, with Virginia Tech winning 20-7 in… Read full this story
- 'I couldn't resist!' Holly Willoughby shows off her cheeky side as she playfully covers her chest with two bowls during picnic segment
- Shoaib Akhtar names the batsman he ‘could not bowl out even once’
- How the Packers can be Super Bowl contenders: Three moves that could return Green Bay to prominence in 2020
- LA Rams head coach Sean McVay and fiancee Veronika Khomyn make use of their quarantine time and go on jog
- Mashrafe Mortaza Should Retire Now, Feels Bangladesh Bowling Coach Ottis Gibson
- Chinese military says its top General's visit to Pakistan 'very successful'
- China's modest military spending hike masks bigger goals
- Part 2: A patrol session of U.N. military observers
- 'They didn't die a heroic death, but they lived heroic lives.' Remembering the military heroes who died by suicide
- Head of Space Force slams Russia for trailing US spy satellite with TWO spacecraft - saying the 'irresponsible' maneuver could create a 'dangerous situation'
Bearcats heading to the Military Bowl have 366 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 7, 2014. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.