ST. LOUIS — With the streets of Ferguson, Mo., still anything but stable, school is closed. But the game is on.The Ferguson-Florissant School District announced Monday that schools, which had been scheduled to open Aug. 14, will remain closed through Friday. The McCluer South-Berkeley football team, however, is still in business. The team practiced Monday and Tuesday, and athletic director Keith Rhodes said practices will continue this week as scheduled. Moreover, the team’s game Saturday will be played.McCluer South-Berkeley football’s season opener could mark a return to normalcy for the Ferguson community — at least to some degree. Rhodes is hoping football players won’t be the only people who use Saturday’s home game against Cleveland Junior Naval Academy as an escape from the harsh realities of continued protests and almost nightly clashes with police since an officer shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown on Aug. 9.”We’re actually hoping that (the game is) going to help the student body and the community,” said Rhodes, who noted that 500 to 600 people typically attend games. “They have been huge supporters, so if we can allow them to take their mind off things that have taken place, then we feel like we’re doing… Read full this story
- UK schools closed: Will schools open after Christmas?
- School closures latest: Will your school close? All we know ahead of January term
- Trump threatens to 'cut off funding' for schools that don't reopen amid pandemic
- Will schools close in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland? What we know so far
- Kaufman High School Closed Friday In Response To Anonymous Threat
- As schools close across U.S., TikTok says it found "no evidence" of shooting threats
- Odisha Govt Defers Schools Reopening from January 3 Amid Omicron
- TikTok December 17 Challenge Has Police, Schools On High Alert
- Telangana School News: Schools reverting to online mode amid Omicron spike in Telangana | Hyderabad News - Times of India
- Some U.S. Schools Close After Shooting Rumors on Social Media
Ferguson schools are closed, but high school football will go on amid unrest have 322 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 19, 2014. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.