Like Cate Blanchett re-wearing an Armani Prive gown at Cannes in the name of sustainability, or Lena Waithe wearing the rainbow flag of LGBTQ rights to the Met Gala, Markle will make a social statement with her dress. It’s T-minus 24 hours and the world is on royal wedding dress watch. Will the Hollywood actress-turned-British royal stick to tradition or stray from it? What will her style choices say about the values she stands for? And what will they say to young girls about the fairytale of a royal wedding in the year 2018? Bookies are taking bets on which designer she will walk down the aisle with (Tamara Ralph of British couture house Ralph & Russo is a strong contender, though Stella McCartney has a lot going for her, too — more on that later). Fashion brands on both sides of the Atlantic are pitching merch to capitalize on the union (Solange Azagury-Partridge’s “Special Relationship” Hotlips ring, $280, splices the Union Jack and the stars and stripes). Even Play-Doh — yes, that Play-Doh, the children’s toy — has jumped on the royal wedding bandwagon, sculpting a prediction of what Markle’s dress will look like for god-knows-what reason. All joking aside,… Read full this story
- This subtle detail on the royal wedding invite acknowledges Meghan Markle's divorce, according to royal experts
- Royal wedding: Harry and Meghan's ceremony gets under way
- Why is the royal family website downplaying Meghan Markle’s acting career?
- Kate Middleton wore a tartan coatdress for a royal engagement that matches Meghan Markle's travel style
- This Israeli designer was asked to sketch a wedding dress for Meghan Markle -- here are the designs
- Royal family's cars: Meghan Markle will be motoring in style
- The royal wedding is a month away — here's how much Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to spend on their big day
- Not Just Meghan Markle: Here Are 6 Royal Black Women Around the World
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are officially married
- This is the first photo of Meghan Markle’s wedding dress
Royal Wedding Fashion Preview: Will Meghan Markle Go Hollywood? have 332 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at May 27, 2014. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.