They’re putting the most oddly posed, poorly framed and just plain weird photos on display. The popular blog Awkward Family Photos will debut as a new museum exhibition on Thursday in California. The viral blog, launched by Mike Bender and Doug Chernack in 2009, started as a spoof but has now become a conversation piece, museum officials said. “Ultimately, this show is about more than just photos and stories,” the museum wrote in its preview of the display. “It’s about celebrating the family experience and shining a light on all of those deliciously awkward moments that come with the price of family membership.” Awkward Family Photos now garners a million hits daily and boasts a treasure trove of ridiculous images. The exhibition will be split into 10 themes, including weddings, birthdays, vacations and the family portrait — all staples of the silly website. “Everyone can look at a picture and take away something different about what makes it awkward, but at long as the viewer feels some level of discomfort, there is awkwardness,” the museum wrote. Join the Conversation:
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Katy Perry and Kim Kardashian join the fun at LA's Museum of Ice Cream
- Nazi-looted Cranach artworks to remain in California museum
- 'Origin unknown': the Gurlitt Exhibition in Jerusalem
- Houston street artist Anat Ronen brings unique experience to Pearl Fincher Museum
- Nazi-Era Art Stash Makes Debut in Switzerland, Germany (PHOTO)
- German museum goes ahead with Michael Jackson exhibition despite controversy
- Hue exhibition gives voice to Agent Orange victims
- PHOTOS: It's really an odd, odd world out there!
- Flames engulf Los Angeles hillside, threaten the famed Getty Center museum
- Sarah Hyland shows off her new bangs as she dons strapless gown at Modern Family event in Hollywood
Awkward Family Photos to debut as museum exhibition in California have 279 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 27, 2014. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.