<!–[CDATA[ This story first appeared in the May 31 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.If you’ve been watching Bravo’s Inside the Actors Studio religiously for the past 19 seasons, there’s a good chance you’ve spotted a familiar face in the crowd.An unknown Bradley Cooper popped up multiple times during his student days in the late 1990s to pepper such guests as Sean Penn and Robert De Niro with questions about their craft.Though the long-running series has never traded in celebrity, it is telling that at least one audience member became a star.Hosted and executive produced by James Lipton, dean emeritus of the Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University in New York, the show has carved out a unique space on the dial by celebrating the actor’s work without venturing into the personal lives of its famous guests, as has become de rigueur on celebrity-focused TV. PHOTOS: ’The Hangover Part III’: Exclusive Portraits of Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis As Inside the Actors Studio celebrates its 250th episode, the show stands in stark contrast to its tabloid-influenced counterparts and as a last bastion of what Bravo used to be. And though Lipton, 86, would sooner ask his A-list subjects to explain nuclear fusion… Read full this story
- Odds cut for Richard Madden to play James Bond after Bodyguard finale
- All James Bond directors revealed following Danny Boyle's departure
- Inspiration 250: Leisure and hospitality
- Who will be the next James Bond? Latest odds on Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, James Norton and Jack Huston
- Neil McCormick's great British songbook: 100 homegrown hits
- Hit the right note: John Meagher rounds up the 10 best music podcasts
- How old is Matt Smith, how long has The Crown star been dating Lily James and when’s he playing Charles Manson?
- Greg James’ Radio 1 Breakfast Show will be ‘well-behaved’ as he tries to change the show’s rock ‘n’ roll reputation
- Friends actor Matthew Perry reveals three month hospital stint
- Who is Tom Bateman, what are the Vanity Fair star’s hit shows and is he dating actress Daisy Ridley?
'Inside the Actor's Studio's' James Lipton on Hitting 250 Episodes have 339 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at May 23, 2013. This is cached page on Goose Art. If you want remove this page, please contact us.